- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of flour, sifted with a pinch of baking powder
- 4 slices white bread, cut into cubes
1. Beat eggs, salt, milk in a large mixing bowl; add flour gradually.
2. Continue beating with a large spoon (the dough must be smooth and stiff enough to hold its shape).
3. Stir in bread cubes last.
4. Have a clean, wet towel ready. Place dough in bowl with towel over it, set aside to rise.
5. Shape the dough with wet hands into rolls 8in by 3-4in diameter (think sub-roll) and drop into a large pot of salted boiling water.
6. Boil, covered, for 45 minutes.
7. Remove from water and slice the dumpling 1/2 inch thick with a cotton string (it keeps the dumplings fluffy).